Sunday, March 30, 2008

This is March 30th, 2008, a date that will live in infamy, for no one other than myself, in that I have committed to doing this when I haven't the time for the projects I am already committed to. Another ball and chain to drag around. But, I'll try to find the time.

And why am I doing this? To improve my typing skills, of course, and to promote my Website. That would be http://www.scoroncocolo.com Besides, I have to have a blog. Everyone has a blog. I have friends whose pets have blogs.

I intend to blog about Web design, a subject I know very little about, computers and politics.

I've just today finished jumping through the whoops necessary to set up a simple wireless home network. I used a Linksys WRT54G router to network a desktop running XP to my new laptop running Vista Home Premium. It wasn't easy. Maybe it should have been but it wasn't.

I spent a lot of time on the telephone talking to people with interesting English accents all to no avail. The lesson learned from this ordeal of successfully networking my machines is "start with Google and stay with Google" and never trust Homo sapiens.

No comments: